Hatha & Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Himalaya, India
This 200-hour course comes from the experience of many years. Its structure especially allows the students to embrace and to understand yoga by different perspectives. This shows very clearly the multidisciplinary of Yoga and the connection between many branches of ancient knowledge for instance Ayurveda and Philosophy; Meditation and Mantra; Pranayama and Asana.
- Hatha, Ashtanga and Vinyasa yoga
- Lecture on yoga philosophy, history, etc.
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 21 nights’ accommodation
Check-in Time: 09:00AM
Check-out Time: 12:00PM
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Yoga shala
- Free Wi-Fi
Price per person for the above detailed program is USD 899 on private basis; inclusive of all taxes
NOTE: ALL WOMEN GROUPS WILL HAVE FEMALE YOGA INSTRUCTORS
Pahadi house wellness centre is located in Ranichauri Chamba Tehri Garhwal , Given a choice to stretch your arms and float in the air, will you say a NO? Or allowing the wind to gently kiss your cheeks, play with your hair, will you refrain from it? Pahadi House gives you a lifetime experience to “be yourself”. Away from the “busy” and “hectic” life schedule, spending moments in the lap of Mother Nature, you instantly connect with your soul. You wake up to witness God’s most beautiful creation all around by simply peeking out from the window of your room.
Yes. It all happens here.
The Centre is nestled in between lush pine trees and has a quiet and relaxed atmosphere.
Our premises are at exclusive use of our teacher training students and retreat guests to avoid any disturbance and to preserve the beautiful energy generated during the course. The garden, chill area and library are also at the guest’s disposal. We have a variety of rooms different in styles and budgets to satisfy anybody’s taste and capability. All rooms are airy and bright. They are facing either the garden or the ocean. The rooms are provided of linen, towels, blankets.
- Free WIFI is accessible in the whole property.
The teaching of these topics develops to bring the students progressively to a complete understanding of the matter. In such a way each lesson always delivers some beautiful insights. Another significant aspect of the wide approach on yoga is the practice of many different styles. The aim is to clarify what is the real essence of any asana practice and also to unfold the peculiarities of the most relevant styles of yoga. This will eventually promote more awareness and confidence regardless of where the practitioner will take his practice.
Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga are experienced in equal measure during the training as they represent the original root of any other physical practices only recently created such as: Vinyasa Flow Yoga. To complete the experience, this course also includes the practice of Yoga Nidra. This discipline is nowadays growing in popularity, as they are irreplaceable tools for the relaxation and the restore of body and mind. The practice of meditation will also run during the whole training. Through the exploration of different techniques, the student will eventually realize the real meaning and the importance of meditation for a healthy mind. In addition, unique and precious specialties of our training are the numerous classes dedicated to Alignment and Adjustment, Teaching Practice and Stress Management (USMP). The Upaya Stress Management program can also be continued at home through on line sessions.
- To develop a strong physical and mental practice in Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- To deliver an authentic practice experience of Pranayama and Mantra Yoga
- To deliver a clear overview on the main principles of Yoga Philosophy and Ayurveda
- To understand the functioning of the human body and its systems
- To understand the multidisciplinary of Yoga and have a genuine practice of its different styles
- To learn the art of relaxation and concentration through Yoga Nidra and Meditation
- To progressively build the confidence to teach and expose oneself
- To provide remarkable insight in each individual yoga journey
- To build powerful and reliable yoga teachers for the modern society
The program of the 200 hours yoga teacher training is complete and balanced. It develops through weekly schedules so that each topic can be fully examined and correctly understood.
The introduction of fresh subjects introduces change and news in each week of the training. The gradual progression allows the students to process and internalize the learning without obstacles.
Styles of yoga & ayuveda:
- Hatha Yoga
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Yoga Philosophy: History of yoga; introduction to Hatha Yoga -Shatkarma, Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha-; introduction to Samkhya and Patanjali Yoga Sutra; introduction to Yoga Nidra and Meditation.
Ayurveda: introduction to Ayurveda and its basic principles; personalities identification; Yoga and Ayurveda
Yoga Anatomy: introduction to Anatomy and different systems; anatomical terms; Skeletal System; Muscular System; Nervous System; Yoga Posture and Anatomy
Upaya Stress Management Program (USMP): understanding of the concept of stress; stress releasing techniques; interactive session
- Pranayama: Nadi Shodana, Bastrika, Ujjay, Brahmri, Sheetali, Sitkari.
- Krya: Kapalbati, Jal Neti, Sutra Neti, Vuaman Doti, Nauli, Tratak.
- Mantra: chanting practice of Om Mantra, Shanti Mantra, Mahamrintunjaya Mantra, Gayatri Mantra, and Mantra of 32 names of Goddess Durga.
- Meditation: Kaya Sthairyam; Ajapajapa (stage 1 & 2); Antar Mouna (stage 1& 2); Osho active meditations
- Yoga Nidra: the practice of the first three levels of Yoga Nidra; methodology of Yoga Nidra
- Art of teaching: ethics of a yoga teacher; guidelines for effective space and time management during the class.
- Alignment and adjustments: understanding of each component of the asana; body alignment; safe adjustments; avoidance of common injuries
The highlights of this teacher training are the alignment and adjustment, and teaching practice classes. The first one serves to understand and master the asana in any detail. They are complemented by special workshops. These represent a priceless opportunity for the students to deepen the understanding of the poses and their implications.
- How to enter and get out of the pose
- How to transit from one pose to another
- How to jump back and forward
- How and when to use props in the asana practice
- How to adjust safely wrong body alignments
- How to avoid common injuries in the asana practice
- How to use the breath in the asana practice
- How to use the bandha in the asana practice
- Special workshop on back banding
- Special workshop on hip opening
- Time and space management (how to structure the class and how to organize the Shala).
- Observation (understanding the different perspective of being a student and a teacher).
- Communication (how to use the voice and the correct vocabulary in the class).
- Adjustment (how to correct wrong body alignment and how to use props).
- Compassion (understanding yourself and others).
- Leadership (how to lead the class with power and clarity).
The latter represents the time when the student can experiment with what has been experienced during the frontal hours. The students will learn how to structure flow and also how to instruct with efficiency, power, and clarity of a yoga class. He or she will eventually be ready to lead a 90 minutes class. To a diligent and humble student, the teaching practice is a rare opportunity to discover oneself, to develop self-awareness and to overcome personal blockages. These classes go far beyond mechanical exercise. The learning described above is the gems of the course. They guarantee to shape the student into a conscious and competent teacher.
- 06:30 am Kriya/ Pranayama/ Mantra
- 07:30 am Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga/ Hatha Yoga (alternate days)
- 09:00 am Breakfast
- 10:00 – 11:30 am Art of teaching, Philosophy, Anatomy, Ayurveda (alternate weeks)
- 11: 30 – 13:00 pm Alignment and Adjustment
- 31:00 pm Lunch
- 14:00 pm Self- Study
- 15:30 – 16:30 pm Yoga Nidra, Meditation (alternate days)
- 16:30 – 18:00 pm Hatha Yoga/ Teaching practice/ USMP (alternate weeks)
- 19:30 pm Dinner
*Please note that this schedule is explanatory.
All the subjects listed in this schedule will be covered, however, the timing may vary. The training will be organized in weekly schedules and it may vary slightly according to the progression of the group and the weather condition. The path to transforming into a yoga guru is a lifetime process of learning and India, being the capital of yogic philosophy and spirituality, is the optimum location to develop a strong foundation of internal discipline. The Teachers Training Course (TTC) is a rigorous and transformative experience and at Yoga, we ensure that the curriculum is fully comprehensive with assured personal attention to each student. Yoga teachings are different from many other yoga schools as the focus on the full spectrum of the yogic path and ashram life, not only asanas (postures). The course also covers alignment, adjustment, anatomy and teaching practice. Students will get to experience meditation, breathing (pranayama), cleansing, chanting, Mauna (silence), pooja (worship), kirtan (sacred singing), and other important aspects of the yogic path. Upaya Yoga Teacher Trainings offers the perfect balance of comfort and tranquility in a natural setting for your yoga practice.
- You are expected to have a minimum daily practice of 3 hours asana, 10 minutes pranayama, and 20 minutes of meditation
- You will have the opportunity to teach with your fellow trainees under supervision from a senior teacher
- The classes would be a fusion of Hatha yoga of Sivananda, Ashtanga Vinyasa, and Iyengar-based teachings
- You will receive a certificate of completion and eligible to register with Yoga Alliance and International yoga federation
- How to give a solid and clear demonstration
- How to give clear instruction (working with Voice)
- Proper alignment of postures
- Yoga anatomy
- Hands-on adjustment minimum 48 postures
- How to avoid common injury during practice
- How to jump backward and forward (Vinyasa flow)
- How to use props for better postures (B.S.K Iyengar)
- Mantra chanting
- 7 yogic breathing (pranayama) and their benefits
- Yogic body cleansing (Kriya yoga)
- Mudras, Bandas and their benefits
- Yoga philosophy (Patanjali yoga sutra)
- How to lead 30-minute Sava Asana (Psychic sleep for deep relaxation)
- Ayurveda and yoga principle
- Assisting yoga class with other teacher
- How to teach 45 – 90 minutes long class
- How to teach one to one class
- How to teach more than 10 people in a class
- Yoga career and business